Work with us
The Music Connection is seeking qualified instructors. Must be dependable, cheerful, have passion for teaching and playing music, good musical skills, own transportation, and enjoy a collaborative working environment of learning and sharing. 1-2 years work experience in customer service, teaching music, or other teaching experience preferred.
- Violin instructors – Suzuki experience preferred
- Piano Instructors
- Early Childhood (piano or vocal experience preferred)
Come join our happy faculty at our southwest suburban music teaching facility! Looking for piano instructors for our Orland Park, IL Music school. We are open seven days per week. Ideal candidates would be willing to teach 3 days per week primarily after school. Prefer degree in piano performance or music education with minimum of 6-8 years of private lessons, but open to instructor with great reading and teaching skills near to degree completion. Suzuki certification a plus. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Teaching Position Qualifications:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in music (education, theory, applied music)
- 2 years of teaching experience desirable, but will consider new graduates
- Suzuki certification in piano/strings desirable
- Have a passion for teaching and playing music
- Submit a resume and cover letter by fax: 708-364-7591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete an application for employment at 10751 165th Street, Suite 104, Orland Park, IL, 60467. School office hours are Monday-Thursday 10am – 6:30pm. Please call the office at 708-364-7590 for driving and parking directions.
- The office will contact the qualified applicant for an interview with the Director.
- An audition is required: Instrumental – 2 contrasting pieces; Pianists – 2 contrasting pieces and sight reading; Voice – 2 songs one in English and one foreign language.
- Qualified Applicant will then do observation of other teachers for 1-4 hours and may be asked to demonstrate teaching ability. This is arranged through the office after successful interview and audition.